Corporate Citizenship :
We have always been doing business with a social conscience. We believe that education, health, culture and environment are the pillars of vital and vibrant society. Recognizing our social responsibility, we founded 'Jain Charities’ as a Public Charitable Trust in 1982. The Trust is a secular body and is there to help worthy cause of every community whether Christian, Hindu, Jain, Muslim or Parsi. This Trust has its roots in Rural India. The trustees are native of villages. They believe in paying special attention to this neglected rustic society. In keeping with the pillars of the dynamic and energetic society, the Jain Charities has prepared its goals as below:
- Advancement of education and literacy.
- Providing of medical relief,
- Promotion of games, sports and physical fitness.
- Initiation of and support to cultural and other projects for society.
- Furtherance of environment and rural development.
The following symbolically capture the gamut of activities the trust is involved in to express their sincere gratitude to society.
- A primary school has been set up at Wakod village.
- A kinder-garten has been commissioned at R&D Farm, Mohadi (Free uniforms and books are provided to pupils here).
- A Junior College has been established in Jalgaon. (This is our tribute to the late Shaikh Noor Mohd. Chacha, who was an inspiring support during our formative years)
- A Poly-technic has been funded at Chandwad (Here the students are guided for preparation towards National Talent Search Exams, PMT & JEE etc., examinations)
a) Medical :
- A dispensary has been built up.
- Medical Camps are frequently organized.
- Seminars and discussions are held in alternative medicine disciples such as Ayurveda, Homeopathy and others.
- A survey was conducted for creating a data-bank which will help to organize required support in future.
b) Sports :
- A modern gymnasium has been set up.
- Courses on health education are regularly conducted.
- Competitions in traditional and ancient Indian games are organized from time to time.
- Children of under 10 years are adopted for grooming them for state/national level sports/games.
a) Social :
- Organize/ support important social events in the city. These include seminars, youth festivals, matrimonial match- making function, vice elimination activity, helping handicapped persons etc.
- A community hall has been built at Wakod.
b) Cultural :
- Sponsor dramas, plays.
- Organize orchestra, song competitions.
- Host folk dances, dance competitions.
- Patronise Kavi sammelans, Humour melas.
c) Religious :
- Renovate/rejuvenate Mandir (Temple), Dargah (Tomb)
- Construct Sthanaks (Abode for Jain Saints), Dharmashala (Inn)
- Organize discourses by Eminent Thinkers.
d) Spiritual :
- Organize programmes on 'Transcendental Meditation’ & Yoga.
- Organizing visits to Jain Valley for Environmental education, guidance and awareness.
- Develop barren land into cultivable land.
- Develop `Abhayaranya’ (sanctuary).
- Distributing plant saplings for afforestation.
- Promote cleanliness through adoption and maintenance of City Traffic Islands and Gardens.